Phraram Ratchaniwet Palace Phetchaburi

Phraram Ratchaniwet Palace, originally called Ban Pued Palace, was located at Tambon Ban Mo, Amphoe Muang Changwat Phetchaburi. King Chulachomklao, Rama V, desired to have it built as a rainy season palace with his own money. The plot of land was bought from a villager and the design was made by a German, Mr.Karl Deurring. Admiral HRH Prince Boriphat of Nakhonsawan HRH Prince Damrony were assigned to monitor the construction. The palace is of European design and construction began in 1909 and completed in 1916. The palace was named during the reign of king Rama VI as Son Phetch Prasat Palace. The name was changed to be Phraram Raatchaniwet in the year 1918 when it was used as palace to welcome and accommodate state visitors.

See Photos See Map

home
contact
help
mobile site
twitter

Bookmark and Share
@ Copyrights www.thailand-huahin.com